Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Carry On

Last week was hectic. Physically, emotionally... and I guess it hit me quite hard yesterday. Just because it was the first day in a week that I didn't have to be running around all day.

But I made the effort to get better.

I gave myself today to be better. I took the day off. I gave myself a treat. I met up with my good friend Louis. We had lunch, took advantage of the nice weather, walked around downtown, had coffee, had good conversation, watched a movie.

And it worked.

When you're down, it's important to take the time to let yourself feel whatever it is you need to feel. Give yourself time to cry, to be upset. But then, get up and do something nice for yourself. Do something special to cheer yourself up.

It's much easier to let yourself stay in that gloomy state. But if you make a slight effort and decide that you're going to feel better, it'll make the world of a difference. It's too tiresome to be down.

When you're blue, give yourself the time to thoroughly feel your emotions. Don't hide them away. Deal with them and allow yourself to move on. There's so much more in store for you tomorrow. Unfortunately, you'll only be able to see all that with optimistic eyes. So shake it off, spoil yourself a little bit, and carry on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just what I needed to read today...thank you. :)