Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Spoil Yourself A Little Bit

Everybody around me seems to be going through so much. Depression. Anxiety. Random allergies that came out of nowhere. It's quite scary, actually. Crazy what stress can do to a person. I must say, however, I'm proud that I haven't let myself get too dragged down by the negative environment. So yay me.

I know it must sound like too little to celebrate. But sometimes, we all need to find something to be proud of, to make ourselves feel happier, to remind ourselves that everything's not lost.

What can I say? What kind of advice can I give? No matter what happens, in the end, it's your life. And you're gonna have to live it however you choose to live it. But I say: life isn't about books, grades, big houses, lots of money, etc! Man! Isn't that so cliche? I know you must have heard that somewhere else already. But you know, if you are stressing yourself out to the point that your body's suffering over it, you're just as much of a cliche: working till you drop dead for things that don't even really matter.

Fine. You can do whatever you want and pursue whatever you feel is important. All I'm saying is, you gotta spoil yourself a little bit. If you treat your body with love and respect, it's gonna respond in the same loving and respectful way, as my wise little sister said. Sure. Work hard. But know that if you're doing the best you can, it's enough to reach success. There's nothing else you can do. Why waste time worrying that things might not turn out the way you want them to? Why waste energy stressing out about things over which you have no control? Instead, you can give yourself a break and sip on coffee while having a pleasant conversation with a friend. Or give yourself a bath. Go catch a movie. Pat yourself on the back. Let yourself know that you've done well to work so hard. No matter what the outcome is, you have to know that you did great, and it's important to give yourself some credit for that!

Alright. Enough out of me. I just hope at least a little bit of the above made a little bit of sense to you.

Good luck with everything, boys and girls!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you...

Sameer Vasta said...

its sometimes hard to remember to spoil yourself, but its definitely a something worth keeping in mind. thanks for this reminder in writing. :o)

Y said...

Counting down the days!