Saturday, October 08, 2005

7 Degrees

Hello October. Welcome. It started off with 7 days of sunshine, and then it rained. And now.. it's 7 degrees.

I'm wearing a wife beater, a long-sleeved shirt, a McGill hoodie.. a scarf, and my lovely pink fluffy slippers.. and my hands are still cold. Fall is here. It's time for sipping warm lattes and hot chocolates. Time to wrap yourself around your favorite scarves. Time for hugs. Time for baths. Time for staying in on a Friday night to bake cakes and watch movies.

It's time for the leaves to change colors. Climbing up a mountain would be wonderful.

Fall is good. Sweaters and scarves are good. Pretty leaves are good. I hope this lasts a little while before the first snow falls.

It's the first day of Thanksgiving weekend. It's the first day it's been this cold since the spring. It caught me by surprise. It's so peaceful on a morning like this. Heck, if I didn't have good company for a good coffee this morning, I would still have been curled up under my warm covers...

No comments: