Thursday, March 16, 2006

Despite Everything...

I believe in love.

Looking back on just the couple of years that have gone by, I realise that I've changed into a different person. A more rational one, possibly. A more realistic one, maybe... Or just a more grown up one, perhaps.

Maybe I'm still the same person... with just a little more knowledge on the wonderful realm of business, a little more stories of heartbreak to tell (or to keep to myself), a little better formed opinions about the world surrounding me... That way, baggage don't have to be baggage. Baggage become lessons. Lessons well learned. Lessons that allow me to become more brave, more wise... and more happy.

These lessons have left me more disapointed, more bitter maybe, or even more confused. Afterall, it seems like the more you know, the less you are sure about it all. The more possibilities, the more confusion.

But these lessons have also challenged me to remember who I am and what I stand for, despite everything... Stragely enough, these lessons have encouraged me to believe the things I believe in with even more audacity.

It's been months since since I've said.. I believe in love. And yet, it is the foundation of everything I believe in. Love.

Yes, I believe in love.

2 comments:

Sameer Vasta said...

four words that are sometimes hard to say. i'll admit, it definitely took me a while before i even believed that i could say them, much less say them to myself.

powerful stuff here sherren.

Anonymous said...

Writing makes everything feel more better! And me love you've done a standup job :) Glad to see you feel this way. Jtaime