Saturday, December 18, 2004

Dude

You know you're one of the guys when you're always the only girl around and everything feels fine. But you know you're one of the guys when they start talking about male genital accidents, strip clubs, other girls, etc., while you're around.

When I make new friends, they tend to be guys. And I guess I've always known that I get along better with dudes, but lately, I've really actually realised that I really don't have that many girlfriends...

"I don't have many girlfriends, do I? Look it, most of the people here are guys." I said to my friend Alexis at my birthday party. "Yeah, I was kinda disapointed..!" he answered, with a chuckle.

It's funny, because I grew up with two sisters, my mommy and only one man in the housemy dad. So it's quite peculiar that I'm not more girly than I am. Neither of my sisters are very girly either. Hmm. Maybe it's because my mother isn't either... Yeah, that's probably it.

My sister Tina pointed out to me one night, after I got off the phone with one of my guy friends: "It's funny that you always turn to guys when you need advice, eh?" Oh yeah.. that's true...!

I've never really thought about why. I don't like to generalize and say bad things about the members of my own sexe. I just don't tend to find common ground with them, I guess.

Hey, I have no complaints.

I've got great friends. And it's not like I have absolutely zero girl friends; my two best friends are both female, and they're both beautiful and fantastic. This is just an observation I've made about my little life lately. And it's great.

I love my boys! And I love the fact that I can be one of the guys while still being a girl (caus I can be quite a girl); because while I allow them to be "guys", I canwhenever they're pushing the limitstill be able to say: "Dude, don't do that!"

No comments: