Thursday, December 09, 2004

What To Do...

So it's 1:38pm. And I haven't really accomplished anything at all today. I've been idle since writing my two exams last night. But holy crap, 6 straight hours of concentration; it's really no fun at all.

My friend Jean told me on Tuesday: "Man, you're gonna have such a crappy day tomorrow!" and my response was: "Excuse me! I'm gonna have a great day!" Mouahaha. True. It was alright. Had a great morning studying alongside of my delicious, but oh-man-so-darn-expensive latte (seriously, $4 for a latte?!) at the Presse Cafe, and topping off my brain with a very last drop of management accounting. Yeah that was nice. And then I headed to dear Bronfman building to write my final. I did alright, I think. It all depends on how generous my prof's gonna feel when she marks my copy. But anyway. Back to having a great day. So all was going pretty ok at this point. And then I started stressing out, just a little bit, for my next final. Marketing. I loved that class, it was so much fun. And I didn't mind studying it at all either. But then, I felt like there was so much I was missing. Like, now that accounting was out of my head, it took some of marketing with it. Anyway. So I kept telling myself that, you know what Sherren, if you don't know it by now, you're screwed anyway... there's no point in trying to cram it all in within the 50mins between my two finals. Plus I was feeling a little lightheaded from not having any food all day, so I got meself some soup from the caf. It was good. After, I went into the exam room. Surprise. It was so hard!!! Damn. But after 2 hours and 15 minutes of mad concentration, I couldn't sit in there any longer. So I got out. Well I finished everything first, of course. So maybe I did okay. I coulda gotten an A in that class. And maybe I did? haha. That's a funny concept. Aaanyway, again. So I got out of the exam room and talked a bit to my prof who was out there asking me how it went. I said that it was ok. Which was sorta a half-lie. But it was true in a way too. And then I said, "I guess we'll find out!" And he agreed. I like that man. He's a good prof. One of the best profs I've had at McGill. OK! Back to my point. Sorry about all the tangents. I really can't help it. Look, here I go again... So. After I left the dear Bronfman building and started walking back home, I felt quite relieved. But oh man, did I feel drained. I didn't realise that sitting on your posterior and moving your hand (to write) for 6 hours could flush all that energy right out of you. I got home, feeling so darn lightheaded, and ordered some foooood. Yum. I watched "City of God", what an amazing movie. Couldn't snap out of it in the end for a little bit though. So it was a good day afterall. I mean, feeling drained and lightheaded aside, it was great.

And now... being real unproductive. Next final's on Monday. So I got some time. But it's stats, and stats are no fun. So I'm just sitting here. Wondering what to do next.

No comments: