Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Unspoken Kindness

Somebody thinks that I should play Sandy. Somebody wants me back as the only returning ambassador this year. Somebody told me that if they had a daughter, they'd want her to be just like me. Somebody thinks that I'm going to have the most amazing boyfriend. Somebody said that I was a great writer. Somebody believes that I am talented.

Wow...

At each and every single one of those... "exclamations", I couldn't help feeling so darn overwhelmed with flattery. I got that feeling of... "Oh my god, I can't believe you just said that to me...!" My eyes lit up, my heart beat faster, my stomach filled up with warm-fuzzy feelings, and my mind just had to think back and try to process what had just been said to me... It's great, really.

What I'm trying to say is... Somewhere, someone thinks you're amazing. They just didn't tell you. They just figured that you probably knew already, that somebody else probably told you. I mean, if you're an amazing person, you must know it, right? Sad truth is, the answer to that questions is "no".

So if you think somebody's great, let them know, will ya? And whenever you're feeling like... darn, there's nobody out there who sees all that I do, all that I am... well, think again. Because I can be sure that you are nothing but wrong on that statement.

1 comment:

Sameer Vasta said...

i think you're amazing. and if i haven't said it enough, here i am saying it again. :o)

by the way, i'm in mtl in the next couple of weeks, and would be great to see you. i'll give you a shout when i'm around, otay?