Thursday, May 04, 2006

Letter to a Good Friend...

Dear Coffee,

I just wanted to write and express my gratitude to you, dear friend! You have been there for me through thick and thin, ups and donws, rain or shine... Any time I'm feeling tired, confused, stressed... there you are.

There to greet me every morning, you just have a way to wake me. Perfectly nice and hot and creamy... and always sweet to the right degree, you adjust to my mood like no other could. You comfort me, you soothe me... you never disappoint me.

You always give me good company. In a cafe, I can sit alone with you, staring out the window, enjoying the sun shine, reading a book... and you're always by my side when I'm cramming for my next test or when I'm in deep thought about the meaning of it all... You always offer the greatest atmosphere when I'm hanging out with a friend, catching up on what we've been missing in each other's lives. Of course, I love having you on a date so we can stay up real late, spurring great conversation... among other things. ;]

What can I say... I'm a coffee girl. I suppose there are many of us in the world.. but oh dear coffee, you are what I love. After a bad exam, when I don't give a damn... When I'm stressed or couldn't care less... I can feel my best and act like nothing in the world can bother me after this coffee girl's had her coffee.

So once again, thank you, coffee! I don't know what I would do without you.

See you soon ;]
Sherren

1 comment:

Sameer Vasta said...

Letter to Sherren

Dear Sherren,

It's great to see another post on this blog, I was beginning to worry if you had neglected it. I love coming by and reading what you have written because it is always full of insight and poeticism.

I fully agree with you on the coffee love: it's great to have coffee along with you in your solitary times, but coffee also gets along really well in groups. If you, my dear, are a coffee girl, I am definitely a coffee boy, and there are many other kindred spirits out there.

Before I wrap up this letter, I just wanted to say that I'm excited that you're going to be in T.O pretty soon, and it will definitely be great to meet and catch up...quite possibly in the company of coffee.

With luv,
Sameer