Friday, June 23, 2006

The End Of My Tunnel

Yes, I know, it's about time I update my blog. I don't know how many times I've apologized for not updating this page of mine frequently enough throughout these years. Though I've been pretty good at not missing a whole month before updating!!

Alright, no more excuses. But you see, I have nothing really to talk about. Or nothing insightful to share with you. Well... maybe that's not entirely true.

The last couple of years have been difficult ones. This past school year has been particularly stressful and challenging. Whether because it was work, school, family, relationships... or turning 21 and going through my quarter-life crisis... I'm not so sure. It was probably and very well likely that it was a mix of all of the above.

After desperately trying to hold on to what I cared for, I attempted to figure out whether the rest of the world, or just one single other person, agreed with me.. Or maybe, I was just trying to figure out whether I was right or wrong.

At the end of the day, I felt as though I had lost the battle. I was left with nothing but realizations that the world was not as rational as I thought it to be.

So what makes it okay? As I turned around, I saw my friends and my family, with arms wide open, ready to love and cherish me no matter how unpleasant I have been to be around. I was deeply touched by my little sister Jane, and my best friends Alex and Louis' honest confrontations, putting things back in perspective for me.

Of course, I have no regrets, and I still believe in many "realizations" I've come to over the past few months... However, I still believe in true love, in kindness, in friendship, in trust, in honesty... and in the beautiful world that we live in.

Now, it's summertime. There is not a single worry on my mind (well, at least no really worrisome ones), and I am ready to enjoy it at my full capacity. I have chosen my new direction, and so far, everything is going the right way.

Lesson of the day? There really is a light at the end of the tunnel.... you just have to persevere to get to it, no matter how long the tunnel is.

5 comments:

Sameer Vasta said...

Glad to see an update, and glad to know things are looking up. It is the summer, and I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful summer: just don't get too busy, because I want to see you more often now that you're in town! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Oh yay! OH YAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear look how much you've matured! Just last summer you were writing about bugs bitting ya!! You've come a looong way :) Jtaime!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear look how much you've matured! Just last summer you were writing about bugs bitting ya!! You've come a looong way :) Jtaime!

Anonymous said...

Ooops I posted twice ... don't know how it happened ... yeah... woot woot Sherren woot woot!