Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Under My Duvet

I want to stay in bed all day. Slip under my duvet, and let it keep me warm. Close me eyes, travel to dream world.

I know it's morning, it's even close to noon. Not sleepy anymore... I could get up and start my day.

But it's so safe here. All alone, don't have to deal with the world. Don't have to face anybody. Don't have to try to say or do the right thing. Don't have to give. Don't have to expect anything.

Here, I'm just me. I'm just warm. Just rested. Just me and my dreams.

And my dreams, good or bad, are just dreams.

So please please just let me hide under my big white comfy duvet. Maybe just for another minute.

Just for another minute, please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*splash*

oops, I dropped my bucket-o-water, did it hit you?

heehee~

Ru said...

and then that minute turns into an hour or two...

Anonymous said...

I love this. I can relate to this. Or at least my interpretation thereof. Very nicely written. Not too much flush, genuine, and effective at capturing the imagery required to comprehend the feeling you are trying to get across. Hats off to you. :)