Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Lemon Meringue Pie

Pulled in town about a quarter to three
Singin' songs from Spain at the top of my lungs
She said hey babe when she saw it was me
I went lookin' for he, she was looking for fun
Dancing in the kitchen with a wooden spoon
I couldn't see what she was makin' fron the other side of the room
I took a step inside and made myself a part of that night
Derek came home and we played guitar
Sam I am and star you are
She said, you always gotta read the box, but you always gotta read me right

We made some lemon meringue pie
It sucked but anyway
I would make it with you again anytime
We ate your lemon meringue pie
I suppose that I shouldn't lie
It's the only reason I came by tonight

We listened in her room to a song about shame
On you on me and on every little thing
Playin' with the words on the tip of my tongue
But that ain't all I can do with the tip of my tongue
Lickin' the lemon filling as it drips down the long neck of my beer
Everyone was laughing, but you just smiled from ear to ear and said
You always gotta read the box but you always gotta read me right

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring would be like with you in my arms

--Jeremy Fisher

No comments: